Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween just for kids?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/30/world/disfigured-freaks-hellish-hounds-halloween-irpt/index.html?iid=article_sidebar
“It's that time of year when revelers can let loose with their desire to shock. Getting dressed up ready to terrorize friends, family and strangers in the street has long been the goal for the holiday -- but a few partiers are taking it to another level, with masterfully executed, Hollywood-standard disguises.”  I enjoy seeing all the different creations people can come up with. You can really tell when people actually go all out and try to create an original costume and not just go out and buy a store bought costume. The more scary costumes tend to be created since store bought ones are easily recognized to be “that one from the store we went to look for costumes...”
 "What is a Halloween costume if not to be scary?" asked 26-year-old Californian Amada Kroon, whose ripped-off flesh makeup shocked and turned stomachs. Borinnnnnggg! That’s what I think when I see generic costumes that unoriginal people wear. Of course I do it too, but I don’t care too much about making a scene. When I do see costumes that strike my eye and actually down right scare me, I give them props for it. I get tired of seeing the same slutty girl costumes and the same men costumes of being a vampire or some well-known scary movie character. So I find it so cool when I see someone go outside of the book and really express the Halloween spirit and try to really scare people. Some people do go a little over board and scare off their little trick or treater’s but to us older people it’s pretty cool.

"I think the more realistic the costume is, the better. Sure, vampires and zombies are cool, but what is really freaky are the costumes that are basically normal people, but with some type of creepy or disturbing element added." I completely agree with this statement, the more realistic, the more it will scare me truly. Also if you are used to a common costume it won’t scare you as much as one you haven’t seen before. It would be like going through the same haunted house 10 times, you would get old of it and be expectant of everything. Now if you go through a new one, new original costume, you aren’t expecting it and you think wow that really scared me! New things always appear to be better and they really are. Old things simply put are just old and boring. So next Halloween try something more original than your average store bought costume.  

No comments:

Post a Comment