Sunday, October 27, 2013

Woman carries wounded pit bull down mountain

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/24/us/arizona-woman-rescues-dog/index.html?hpt=us_t3

                “She hesitated for a moment before approaching the pit bull, Nelson said. But when he lifted his head as she reached for her water bottle, Davis put her apprehension aside, gave him a drink and then lifted the 47-pound dog into her arms, Nelson said. Then, she began walking.” I’m so proud of this woman for doing what she did, even though it was not her responsibility and she could have just walked on instead of troubling herself by carrying this heavy dog. She seems to truly be a hero to this dog and everyone reading this story, especially those animal lovers, like me. Given the opportunity I would do the same thing, if I hadn’t I would feel like a terrible person. Even if I had nothing to do with it, I have compassion in my heart and couldn’t find the strength not to help out.
                “Doctors found an open abdominal wound, bullet fragments near his spinal cord and a bullet in the middle of his neck, Nelson said.” I don’t understand why anyone would ever shoot a dog and just abandonment and not feel any kind of guilt. Why even shoot a dog in the first place? They are so innocent and usually pretty faithful and loveable to anybody they meet. I just can’t quite comprehend what was going on in that person’s mind to make them such a terrible thing to such a good dog. The new owner of the dog, Jessi was very happy to see this dog alive and be able to have a dog of her own. It seems to me the dog is in a better place now and is doing great.

                “Nelson said it's unlikely any investigation will be conducted to find the person who injured Elijah since there isn't a clear timetable and no witnesses have come forward.” I think since the dog is in a better place now and has owner’s that truly care for him and went out of their way to save him, it is unnecessary to worry about who did this to the dog. Even though it would be even better to find what kind of cruel person would do this and make sure they pay for what they did. All that really matters though is that the dog is in better hands and will be safe for now on. I’m glad that the dog ended being alive after all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment